Good morning, Nutra Botanics fam! Today's post is perfect because it is just in time for breakfast!
As we all know, ketogenic or keto diet is what’s trending in the diet and weight loss arenas now. Many of you may have tried it or have been colored curious and are looking forward to try it. I hope you have had time to look up keto recipes and keto meal plans.
One common thing keto dieters have had a hard time giving up is bread. Yep, I mean, who doesn’t like bread? It’s filling and a simple eat. So, in order to stay loyal and true to the keto or low-carb diet, keto experts have come up with low-carb bread. Here are three of the easiest low-carb bread recipes. Enjoy!
Easy 5-ingredient Low-carb Bread
- 2 cup Almond flour
- 1/4 cup Psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 4 large Egg (beaten)
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil (measured solid, then melted)
- 1/2 cup Warm water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and sea salt.
Stir in the eggs and melted coconut oil, then finally the warm water.
Transfer the batter to the lined baking pan. Smooth/press the top evenly with your hands, forming a rounded top.
- Bake for 55-70 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the top is very hard, like a bread crust. (Important: It will pass the toothpick test before it's completely done, so make sure the top is very crusty, too.) Cool completely before removing from the pan.
Low-carb Golden Sesame Bread
- 4 eggs7 oz. cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Beat eggs until fluffy. Add cream cheese and oil. Combine well.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the sesame seeds.
- Spread the dough in a baking tray (9" x 13" or 20 x 30 cm) greased with butter or lined with parchment paper.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds and a touch of sea salt. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown on top and not doughy in the middle.
Low-carb Almond Buns
- ¾ Cup Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 ½ tsp natural sweetener of your choice
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Whisk in the eggs.
- Melt butter, add to mixture and whisk
- Divide mixture equally into 6 parts, place into a Muffin Top pan or equivalent
- Bake for 12-17 minutes at 350 degrees (varies by the oven, watch the first time). Let cool on a wire rack.
These three easy ways to make low-carb bread will surely help you stay faithful to your low-carb diet. It is very tempting to stick with the normal bread, but in the long run, you will see the benefits of making your own low-carb bread. I hope this post answers your question how to make low-carb bread. Enjoy baking!