11 Easy Ways to Detoxify
Every day, we are exposed to many things; some good, some bad. We see, hear, smell, feel, think, and sadly, eat both good and bad things. That’s why cleansing and detoxifying our bodies should be a part of our life routine. We need to keep the good stuff and release the bad stuff.
It is recommended to detoxify once a year. However, nursing mothers, children, and patients with chronic degenerative diseases, cancer, or tuberculosis should consult with their physician first and seek advice if detoxing is safe. But for people outside these categories, detoxing is more important since there are more toxins in the environment more than ever. If you are experiencing the following symptoms, then you might want to consider detoxing:
- Unexplained fatigue
- Sluggish elimination
- Irritated skin
Puffy eyes or bags under the eyes
- Menstrual problems
- Mental confusion
Detoxification is basically you cleansing the blood by removing impurities from the blood in the liver where toxins are processed for elimination. What are toxins? Toxins are any substance that can be poisonous or cause negative health effects. “Toxin” refers to all the metals, chemicals, pollutants, artificial food ingredients, pesticides, and poisons that cause the body harm. Our body also gets rid of toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system, and skin, but when these organs do not function properly, toxins are not properly filtered and the body is adversely affected.
To start your detox eliminate alcohol, coffee, refined sugars, and saturated fats - all of these are toxins and hinder your healing process. Lighten up, too! Get rid of stress because it triggers your body to release stress hormones into your system. Yes, these hormones can provide the “adrenaline rush” to beat a deadline, but you should know that they create toxins and slow down detoxification.
To help your body detoxify, follow these simple diet and lifestyle practices:
- Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
- Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock, and milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
- Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
- Drink at least two quarts of water a day, made easy by bringing our 32 oz. Stainless Steel Wide Mouth Water Bottle with you everywhere you go!
- Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
- Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions.
- Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
- Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate waste through perspiration.
- Dry-brush your skin or try detox foot spas/foot baths to remove toxins through your pores. Special brushes are available at natural products stores.
- What’s the most important way to detoxify? "Exercise," says Bennett. "Yoga or jump-roping are good. One hour every day." Also try Qigong, a martial arts-based exercise system that includes exercises specifically for detoxifying or cleansing, as well as many other exercises with specific health benefits.
Now, if you are looking for a way to make your detoxification a little easier, but with greater effects, Nutra Botanics has the right product for you: Colon Detox & Cleanse.
This comes in softgels that are specially formulated to help our bodies detoxify. And the best part? It is nonlaxative. Detoxify with is with Colon Detox & Cleanse.